If you or your company is in the media spotlight, preparation is not just important. It’s crucial. Giving adequate answers to reporters’ questions isn’t enough – you’ll need to know how to take advantage of the media attention to put yourself in the most positive light. It isn’t easy, and requires training and practice. I’ll show you how to accomplish the following:
· Effectively handle confrontational or ambush interviews
· Establish, define and refine your message
· Pivot from reporter questions to your message
· Know the difference between on the record, off the record and on background and when to use each.
· Establish media relationships before reporters come knocking on your door.
· Know how reporters think and work and how to use that knowledge to your advantage.
I was a reporter for years and I’ve dealt with reporters for years. Whether media attention is disastrous or beneficial for you depends on your preparation and training. I can help you withstand the media storm and deliver your message effectively.